If you are prepared to pull out your old flooring and can't decide between hardwood flooring and tile flooring, this article is for you!Flooring reflects the basic foundation of your home's interior. Whether you are planning to build your dream home or have been living in the same house for years, there may come a time when new flooring is required and when that time comes, picking the correct flooring can add a unique comfort level to each room of your home. In case you're looking to revamp a home, you ought to understand the pros and cons of different flooring options. Hardwood flooring isn't just only a universally alluring flooring alternative, it can likewise increase the value of your home. Homes with Hardwood floors sell quicker and at more expensive rates as compared to home with natural stone floors. If you’re considering this option for your flooring project, be aware of the pros and cons associated with hardwood flooring.
Let's examine the pros and cons of wood floor.
- Wooden floor adds a warmth to the room as it doesn't get cold in colder temperatures, making it perfect for low temperature territories.
- Wooden flooring looks splendid and comfortable and when converged with other kinds of flooring, it can give a sleek look to your room.
- Hardwood flooring collection from online tile stores arrive in a wide variety to coordinate the look and feel of your home.
- Wooden flooring is prone to termite attack so in the event that your home has termite issues, try to avoid this alternative.
- Staining of the flooring may occur in high use zones.
- Hardwood flooring is not fire-resistant.
- Hardwood flooring is prone to scratches hence it may not be the best option if you have pets. Also, try to avoid this alternative for rooms that are exposed to dampness and water.
They have a diverse range of textures, shapes, colors, and materials that offer limitless alternatives that can go perfectly with any project and budget.
- The wood looking porcelain tiles or natural stone tiles are easy to maintain as they can be effectively swiped, wiped and cleaned.
- Natural stone floor tile does not attract dust and hence they are bacteria free.
- Wood looking ceramic tile or natural stone tiles are also fireproof.
- Anti slip tile variants are also available in the market.
- Natural stone tiles are generally cool underfoot so at places with cold weather, they may not prove to be the best alternative.
- Natural stone tiles and wood like porcelain tiles require minimal maintenance as it is scratch resistant and abrasion resistant.
- Natural stone tiles are most suitable for wet areas and can be used as bathroom and kitchen tiles because they have more resistance to water.